The Student News Site of Shorecrest Preparatory School

The Chronicle

The Chronicle

The Chronicle

Where do the Foodies Hang in St. Pete?

A recent poll of the Shorecrest Upper School shows that 88.2% of students often eat out at restaurants in St. Pete. According to the poll, the most popular restaurants are Noble Crust (5.4% of voters), Jay Luigi (8.1% of voters), and, in first place, LemonGrass Sushi Thai Tapas (10.8% of voters).

Most voters said these restaurants are their favorite because of their environments. About Noble Crust, sophomore Georgia Kurland said, “The food there is amazing and there is always a fun atmosphere!”

Similarly, Upper School Dean of Student Life Ann Marie Hardy raved about her favorite restaurant, Left Bank Bistro. Hardy noted that the homey feeling is what makes the restaurant so attractive. Hardy said, “The atmosphere is all things French, which I love, and the food is DIVINE. It’s a small kitchen with a chef, so it feels like you’re at somebody’s home.”

Among other faculty and staff members, there were conflicting thoughts about going out to eat. Age and family come into consideration when choosing where to have a meal. Upper School English Department Chair Jake Seymour said that, since having children, it has been nearly impossible to go out to eat out at restaurants because his “son isn’t fit for the restaurant world due to potential embarrassment.” It seems that having “wilder” children, as Seymour explained, can put a damper on eating out at restaurants, so often he turns to takeout. 

Everyone has their taste in food and restaurants, and St. Pete offers a variety of places to please everyone’s taste buds. While asking around the school for favorite places to grab a bite, a few responses jumped out. Sophomore Mila Bianco’s favorite restaurant is The Frog Pond, located at St. Pete Beach. Bianco said, “I’ve gone there for 15 years, I know everyone, and the food is delicious.” For those wondering, The Frog Pond does not serve frogs, but yummy menu of breakfast foods. 

St. Pete offers a unique array of places to grab a bite, and the foodies are all about it! From sushi to French cuisine, to any breakfast item you can name, St. Pete has it all.