The Student News Site of Shorecrest Preparatory School

The Chronicle

The Chronicle

The Chronicle

Taylor Swift’s “Eras Tour:” The Magic that Music and Community Can Foster

Taylor Swift, globally-recognized pop artist and icon, is traversing the globe to share the music that so many adore under the guise of the “Eras Tour.” This tour aims to share small pieces of Swift from each of her 10 “eras.” 

In April 2023, Swift performed in Tampa, drawing many Shorecrest community members. Some attended for the music and some attended for the bracelets, but above all, people attended because Swift is able to foster such a “magical atmosphere,” per sophomore Alex Cirino.

Pertaining to Swift’s music, Upper School History Teacher Daniel Asad said, “Taylor allows people to be more self-aware which not many artists can do, she allows humans to explore themselves without judgment in the privacy and comfort of her lyrics.” Furthermore, Asad said, “Everyone carries this bitterness with them towards someone or something that has hurt us, and Taylor Swift allows us to express that.” 

Pertaining to the friendship bracelets commonly found at the “Eras Tour,” sophomore Nithya Nayegandhi said, “Making and trading those made me feel like I was part of a community and it was so fun.” 

Between the music, bracelets, and atmosphere, the “Eras Tour” marks a profoundly meaningful and joyous experience for many within the community.